Sunday, June 15, 2008

I Cannot Believe I'm Actually Going To Write This...

...I enjoyed bike riding, aka EXERCISE, tonight. I know! Who is this person and what have you done with the real Shelley?!? I rode 15 laps without stopping! What is up with that??? And, even stranger, I was on my old bike! Sadly, I made the decision to return my cute pink Schwinn cruiser to the store today, as my knees kept hurting every time I rode it. I tried raising the seat, adjusting the handlebars...but nothing made a difference. The seat is directly over the pedals, and I think this was just too awkward for me...I hated to let go of the bike, but I was starting to dread riding it because of the pain, and HELLO, I started riding a bike instead of walking to avoid knee pain! Hopefully tomorrow I will have some time to get to a bike store in town and try out an Electra Cruiser - apparently it rides more like a recumbent bike, but looks really cool. They even have a "Hawaii" model in pink, with a cute Hawaiian floral design on it, and since I was born in Hawaii, I'm thinking that this might just be the bike for me!

So my diet has been a little off for the weekend...yesterday I didn't eat enough, and today I am probably at 1000 - 1200 calories. Helped my son make a Father's Day dinner for my husband - small steaks, mashed potatoes, grilled veggies and ice cream. Yes, I had a scoop of ice cream - boo on me! I have to say, that the grilled veggies were excellent - zucchini and summer squash sliced lengthwise, sprayed with Pam, then sprinkled salt, pepper and some herbs - came out great! Also marinated mushrooms in Italian dressing, then skewered them and put them on the grill as well. Lastly, I sliced an onion into three really thick slices, Pam'd them, and grilled them - too good! I will have to do this again, only with no meat or potatoes.

I plan on getting back to my shake routine tomorrow, except that dinner will be out, as we are celebrating our 24th anniversary, and my husband is actually in town for it (for the last 10 years, at least, he's been away at Boy Scout summer camp with one or both of our sons and their troop). So we are going to Carino's for the Rosemary Lemon Chicken. My biggest challenge will be to not order dessert! I guess it's a good thing I'm riding more and more laps on my bike, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Shelley,

    I just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm enjoying your blog. I started Nutrimed on 4/19/08 and I was using Google to try and find someone else that was using it. That's how I stumbled across you. If you'd like to chat, you can reach me at cgraalum@tamu.edu. I think you're doing great!!
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated to prevent spammers from leaving, well, spam - but rest assured that as soon as I read a real comment, I will publish it. So please, comment away, even though the blog is officially closed. Thanks!