Saturday, June 14, 2008

Food, Glorious Food!

It's Saturday...where did the week go?!?

Yesterday was SnoCone Friday - YUM! The big Kahuna (aka my boss) treated us to the SnoCones - I had sugar-free Caribbean Splash - tasty, and this time I had an orange tongue, LOL!

The other delicious item yesterday was a garden pita from Pita Pit...they have all their nutrition facts online, so I was able to "build" a pita for 304 calories (260 is the pita) - Romaine, Spinach, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Pickles, Onions and Pepperoncinis, with Salt and Pepper and Dijon Mustard...holy crap it was excellent!!! My diet plan calls for 900 calories/day - 320 should be the shakes, approx. 300 for the LC dinner, and another 300 for veggies/low-to-no-fat food, so this pita fit in! Still, I only had one shake for the day, plus dinner...didn't want to overdo it. But after eating mostly shakes, frozen meals and some fresh veggies for a month now, it was nice to have some "fast food" for a change - and considering I had something from Jimmy John's, Taco Bell, Wendys, etc nearly every day, this has been a big adjustment. So, I'm thinking that Thursdays should now be Pita Pit Days!

More fun...I got my awesome new bike on Thursday!!! It's a Schwinn Cruiser, in PINK!!! Very retro looking, with whitewall tires, fenders and the whole nine yards. I have been wanting it since last summer, but had to wait...and wait...and wait some more. Finally, it's mine! I've ordered some pink pompom streamers for the handle bars, along with a pink bell and some dice (guess what color...just guess!) valve stem covers. Pics will be posted when everything is here and on the bike! Interesting thing about this bike - I'm feeling soreness in different muscles in my legs after riding it for a couple of days. Weird, but oh well, I guess I'm sitting higher/lower or whatever...

And now for something that was just cute: Last night, while riding around my court with Paco, the neighbor's 3 year old grandson saw Paco and yelled "It's a Dalmatian!" - kids are so funny! BTW, Paco is a white with black spots Fox Terrier mix (we think he's mixed with Whippet, since he runs so fast).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated to prevent spammers from leaving, well, spam - but rest assured that as soon as I read a real comment, I will publish it. So please, comment away, even though the blog is officially closed. Thanks!